General Adult Psychiatry and Individual Psychotherapy
I provide comprehensive diagnostic assessments, treatment consultations, and ongoing treatment of adult psychiatric disorders, relationship problems and problems of living. Specific areas of clinical practice include depressive and bipolar spectrum disorders, anxiety disorders, emotional responses to chronic illness, and life management concerns of the LGBT community.
Models of Treatment
- Brief and problem focused individual psychotherapy with and without concurrent medication, as needed.
- Medication management and medication consultation of psychiatric disorders without individual psychotherapy.
- Integrative, insight-oriented individual psychotherapy with focus on understanding developmental and life experience events in a way that facilitates progress toward a greater self-awareness and emotionally healthy relationships with others.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Private practice, San Francisco beginning 2012
- Private practice, Chicago 1982-2011
- Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Past President, Northern California Psychiatric Society
- Northwestern University Medical School, Clinical Faculty 1979 to 2012
- Psychiatry Residency, Northwestern University Medical School 1979 to 1982
- Internal Medicine Residency, Emory University Medical School 1972 to 1974
- United States Public Health Service 1974 to 1976
- Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, M.D. 1972
- Raymond College at University of the Pacific, B.A. 1967
(415) 661-5667 ext. 4