About Our Counselors
Christopher P. Cunningham, Ph.D.
Psychotherapy is a treatment relationship focused on the concerns of the client. It can be a consultation, short term and problem-centered or long term and in depth. The focus of the work might be relationship difficulties, psychological symptoms, emotional conflicts or career concerns. The aim is self-development in the form of greater awareness, self-mastery and an abiding sense of well-being.
- Certified Jungian Analyst
- Graduated from the California Institute of Integral Studies
with a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- Licensed in the state of California as a Family and Marriage
Therapist, Lic. #5492
- Group Therapist for Mid-life men
- Teacher of Family Therapy, Ethics, Interviewing, Psychotherapy Processes and Suicide Assessment
As a cofounder of West Portal Counseling, I believe that each, licensed mental health discipline contributes unique skills and insights to the process of treatment. By working collaboratively we endeavor to make these contributions available to every client we work with to insure a satisfactory outcome.